ENCOREplus is a YWCA breast and cervical health outreach, education & advocacy program focusing all our efforts right here in our community for over 25 years!
ENCOREplus offers educational workshops and assists un- or underinsured women in accessing free LIFESAVING breast and cervical cancer screenings. We also offer free transportation to and from appointments as well as child or adult care to break down any barriers that might prevent a woman from making a scheduled appointment.
Last year 30 women in our community got an early jump on cancer providing them with the best chance to beat it thanks to screenings they received through ENCOREplus. Another 1200 women have the peace of mind that comes from knowing that even if they get a cancer diagnosis, ENCOREplus will be there to help them fight it every step of the way. 78 women living in rural areas were able to get lifesaving screenings by breaking down transportation barrier.
Our staff breaks down barriers that prevent women from getting these lifesaving screenings by offering transportation and childcare when needed, free of charge. We also assist clients with locating a health care provider and scheduling appointments.
CALL Head of ENCORE Crystal Sackett – Senior Project Director 607-772-0340 ext. 242
What Every Woman Should Know
- 1 in 8 women in the U.S. will be diagnosed with breast cancer
- All women are at risk
- Over 70% of breast cancer occurs in women who have no known risk factors
- Breast cancer has a good survival rate if diagnosed early
- 90% of women diagnosed before the cancer has spread beyond the breast will survive and require less invasive treatment
What Every Woman Can Do
- Have an annual professional breast exam by your health provider
- After the age of 40, have a mammogram done yearly
- Empower yourself with personal breast awareness
- Call the YWCA of Binghamton/Broome County Encoreplus program for more information 607.772.0340 ext 222 or 242